Federation of Real Estate Agency in Finland was founded in 2008 to promote enhanced customer service and the competence of the industry. Our ongoing goal is to impact education in the field as well as the legislation of and research on the industry.
The Federation has seven member groups: Aktia Kiinteistönvälitys, Huoneistokeskus, Kiinteistömaailma, OP Koti, RE/MAX Finland, Sp-Koti and Suomen Kiinteistönvälittäjät ry (SKVL).
Federation is an active participant in social discussions and interacts with the supervising authority (Regional State Administrative Agencies) and the legislator (parliament, Ministry for Economic Affairs and Employment).
Key figures in 2020
- The value of agency trades of old apartments and houses: 12.3 billion euros
- Real estate agents sold nearly 64,000 old apartments and houses
- The volume of apartment and house trades increased by 1.7%
- In all, 1,615 active companies in the field at the end of 2020
- Over 3,500 active agents work in our member groups
- The total turnover of our member companies: approx. 400 million euros
The Federation has close connections to the National Realtors’ Association, NAR, in the US. NAR’s annual convention brings together some 20,000 agents to learn the latest living trends and technological advances.
The Federation was the chair of Nordiska Egendomsmäklare Unionen NEU for 2019–2020. In addition to market and regulation comparison, this Nordic collaboration involves the development of training.